About Sorieta Roos
Sorieta Roos works hand in hand with DR Dylan Joseph, where she specialises in the fitting of scleral contact lenses for Keratoconus (link to Keratoconus page) and highly irregular cornea’s achieving vision that contact lenses or spectacles would otherwise not give. Outside of work she enjoys the outdoors and adrenaline-inducing activities.
- Fitting of scleral contact lenses
- Fraxel Laser Treatments
Qualifications and Training
- Qualified as an Optometrist: In 1992, she completed her degree at R.A.U, which has since merged with the Technikon Witwatersrand as well as two campuses of Vista University to form the University of Johannesburg.
- Boston University College of Arts and Sciences: In 1998, she did a study in Ocular Diseases and Pharmaceutical Application at C.A.S in Boston.
- Neurology in Optometry in Boston: For the next 2 years, Dr Roos and a group of optometrists focussed on neuro-optometry.
- Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents (TPA) Certification: In 2005, she completed a Certificate of Advanced Study in Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents.