About Dr Morgan Hayes
Dr Morgan Hayes not just an ophthalmic surgeon, but a member of the Ophthalmologic Society of South Africa. He completed his undergraduate medical degree at the University of Cape Town and has worked internationally in both Ireland and Canada.
He became an Ophthalmic Surgeon to help people better their quality of vision and life.
Qualifications and Training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degree:He completed his MBChB degree at the University of Cape Town in 2005
- Internship and Community Service:After finishing his degree, he completed an internship at Pietermaritzburg Hospital complex as well as a year of community service at Themba Hospital in Mpumalanga
- Medical Officer:In 2012, he worked as a Medical Officer at Edendale Hospital in Pietermaritzburg. This is where his career in ophthalmology started. During this time, he also got a Postgraduate Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Registrar Training: He finished his registrar training through UCT whilst working at The Red Cross Children’s Hospital and the Groote Schuur Hospital
- Masters in Medicine: He completed his Masters in Medicine on infectious uveitis utilizing polymerase chain reaction