About Beate Parsons
Beate is an Optometrist and golden key student (top 15% of students across all faculties of study), who graduated from the University of Johannesburg in 2011.
After completing her 4-year Optometry degree, she had the privilege of working in the Netherlands for almost 4 years. This is where her passion for the refractive surgery industry started.
The more involved she became with refractive surgery, the more it interested her. Beate believes that very few things are as precious and life changing as clear vision. She has a passion to provide quality eye care to patients in a professional manner, to help improve & maintain their visual quality of life.
- 5 years’ experience in Europe and SA with regards refractive eye surgery such as; customized lens exchange, laser vision correction procedures, and cosmetic eye surgeries.
- Involvement in private practice: 5 years’ experience in Europe and SA in Optometric services within private practice and vision care products, as well as managing private practices by operating and guiding management services.
Beate’s passion for refractive surgery includes the following motivations:
- I love the precision of ophthalmology, and that it is such a focused & delicate industry.
- Intellectually it’s incredibly stimulating.
- Every day there are new developments in this field and the application of technology is just incredible and inspiring.
- The human side – the connections we make with our patients while building long-term relationships, the surgical outcomes and excitement that are just life changing.
- To be part of that every day is a gift, and I am blessed to be part of this amazing team.